Monday, October 29, 2012

Injury to Insult

Player introductions.

  I don't quite know how to tackle this week's game recap. None of Saturday's game versus Reims went as expected. I guess that's what makes sports exciting, and always keeps us coming back for more.

  You can never predict how things are going play out. That's why we play. That's why we watch.

  As I sit here with an achy lower back and a feeling like I've been punched in the gut, you can probably determine how the game went on those words alone.

  Here are the quick and dirty details from the game:

  -We lost by 5.

  -I hurt my back at the end of the first half. After trying to loosen it up during the 15-minute halftime and the entire third quarter, I went back in for the fourth quarter. Bad decision.

Head up.
  Not that I hurt myself further. But worse yet, I didn't do my team any favors.

  The competitor in you always wants to test out an injury because you never know how it's going to feel when you're on the court, out there playing. Especially mid-game. That's what makes it tough. But it's definitely no fun not being 100% when it counts the most.

  After a great week of practice, it's even harder to swallow this loss. It was probably our team's best week since we've been together. After you have a good week of practice, of course you come into the game with a good feeling.

  It goes to show however, that good feelings and preparation don't get you anything. You still have to play the game to the best of your ability, and put the finishing touches on it.

  We, and I, have no choice but to bounce back. We have two very difficult road games looming in the following weeks, so we'll have to do it quickly. Outside of providing motivation and something to learn from, past games are just that, in the past.

  Summing up a Charles Swindoll quote: life is mostly how we respond to what happens to us. As bad as the taste I have in my mouth is, I must show my mettle and bounce back that much stronger.


0 comments:

Post a Comment