Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Intro to DubBall


**Originally appeared on SLAM Online November 2nd, 2011 in what was originally called DubBall**

  Hey women's hoops fans! I can't tell you how excited I am to be involved with DubBall, and how thrilled I am that women's basketball (and its players) will be getting a platform it so much deserves.

  I've been a gym rat/hoopaholic since I was about eight years old. Matter of fact, I can't remember a time in my life where basketball wasn't front and center. So I'm excited to be sharing my experiences with people who love the game just as much as I do.

 I'm in the midst of my ninth season as a professional player in Europe. I've been all over the map in those nine seasons: Italy (two seasons), Portugal, Poland, Bosnia, Sweden (two seasons), Germany, and now France.

  I've seen a lot in my time in Europe, both on the court and off, and my hope it to share some of those experiences with you all! It's an adjustment for an American to move to Europe (both to play, and to live). Some of the quirks that make Europe special you learn to love, and some you never get accustomed to!

  My time overseas has been an awesome adventure, and I look forward to re-telling some of my tales.

  Before making the jump to Europe, I played at the University of Colorado from 1999-2003. In my four years as a CU Buff, we made three NCAA appearances; advancing to one Sweet 16 (22=003), and one Elite 8 (2002). I graduated in 2003 with a degree in psychology.

  Originally, I'm from Lake Oswego, Oregon (Lakeridge High School); and still make that my home in the off season. Though, I do find time to make frequent visits to Colorado as well!

  I invite you to hop on board with me this season, I'll try to make it a fun ride! Looking forward to hearing from you readers, and would love to answer any questions you might have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment